I'm back!

>> Thursday, April 04, 2013

I'm back! All rested up and recharged, after a whole month on holiday in Uruguay. I spent loads of quality time getting to know my first nephew, who was born only hours after I landed. I'm biased, but he's really the most beautiful and wonderful baby in the world (my sister calls this photo 'the Karate Kid').



I also spent my time catching up with old friends, watching football, and reading, reading, reading, sometimes even by the pool. Yep, unfortunately, the weather was nowhere near as good as it is when I visit over Christmas, but considering it was snowing back in England, I can't really complain.

I read some really good stuff, too. My favourite of all the books below was probably JK Rowling's The Casual Vacancy. My expectations were really low, after seeing reviews that mostly ranged between lukewarm and actively hostile, but I thought it was fantastic, a real punch in the gut. I'll be writing reviews soon.







7 comments:

Wendy 4 April 2013 at 19:11  

Welcome back!

And good heavens - look at all those books you got read! I am officially jealous, and looking forward to reviews :)

lakaribane 4 April 2013 at 19:45  

Ro! I was just wondering earlier this week when you would be back in the UK and online.

I cannot wait for your reviews.

Thank you for the baby pic, so cute! And the attitude is just LOL! (When he becomes a teen, probably won't like it that you immortalized his first days thus but that's a long way off)

Also, some of your covers seem to suggest a lot of war veteran heroes. I'm running a list in my head of the new trends: cook/chef/patissier, rock star or musician, tattoed, motorcycle club member. And Veteran. Sign of the times?

Can't wait! Welcome back!

Li 4 April 2013 at 20:25  

Welcome back!

I am massively impressed (and like Wendy, rather jealous) with the number of books you managed to read.

Darlynne,  5 April 2013 at 02:17  

Oh, so many books to look forward to discussing. Welcome back. You've been missed.

Rosario 5 April 2013 at 07:29  

Thank you all! I'm actually really looking forward to writing those reviews, as some of them were really interesting!

Arielle: Hmm, I'm not sure I have that many veterans. I mean, I had only two contemps with veteran heroes (Something Like Normal, and the SEP), and there were a couple of historicals, like the Cecilia Grant and Victoria Morgan, and in Badlands, the heroine is in the military, but that's pretty much it (I think!). I'm kind of staying away from those trends you've identified, really, except for the chefs! The motorcycle club member, especially, is one I really can't see the appeal of!

Marg 7 April 2013 at 07:23  

Welcome back!

Your newphew is so cute!

And yowzas...that was a lot of books to read while you were away!

nath 16 April 2013 at 02:53  

Welcome back! Congrats on the first nephew! LOL, indeed, Karate Kid :P Cute pic :)

Wow, that is a loooot of books! I'm so envious LOL.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP