December 2012 wish list

>> Thursday, November 29, 2012


Not that many for December, I think publishers are saving them till January. Just wait till you see the monumental list I'll have for that month!

Books I'm definitely planning to get



Body Heat, by Susan Fox (Nov 27)

Yes, this is a November release, but I missed it in my wish list last month and I wanted to highlight it, since I absolutely loved Susan Fox's latest series. Sounds like a good girl / bad boy romance, and a younger bad boy, as well! I wonder what a "chickened past" is, though!





The Lady of Secrets, by Susan Carroll (Dec 11)

Susan Carroll hasn't had a book out in a few years, and I've loved all of her books that I've read, especially the Faire Isle series, of which this is part.




Your Wicked Heart by Meredith Duran (Dec 10)

One of those novellas published to introduce a new series. I'm not sure I'm crazy about the idea, in general, but this is one that I would buy regardless. Long journeys onboard a ship, people pretending to be someone they're not... I like. Duran mentions on her website that the story turned out a bit different from the official cover copy. I  hope not too much, because this sounds interesting!





A Kiss For Midwinter, by Courtney Milan (Dec 15)

Autobuy author. Hopefully this will actually come out the, unlike The Duchess War, which has featured in my October and November wish lists, and I'm still waiting on! Eh, well, two Milan books in one month is a nice Christmas present!





The Italian, by Lisa Marie Rice (Dec 19)

My favourite LMR books, and the ones I reread over and over, were the ones she published with Ellora's Cave. This sounds like it could be more like those than what she's been writing lately. Can't wait!



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on reviews for




Love In The Afternoon, by Alison Packard (Dec 17)

The hero and heroine are actors on a daytime soap! I’ve had a soft spot for that as a setting since Kathleen Gilles Seidel’s Again.





Always and Forever, by Farrah Rochon (Dec 18)

The plot (hero beats the heroine in the purchase of a house that has been in her home for generations and hires her to help restore it) doesn’t make me feel desperate to read it, but I really liked the one book I read by Rochon, and I’ve been meaning to try her again.





Unbound, by Susan Donovan and Celeste Bradley (Dec 24)

Hmm...I’ve enjoyed both authors, and the plot of having a modern-day character discover the diary of someone in the past, and intertwining the stories, is one that really appeals to me. However, the words “modern girl’s guide to finding love and empowerment” make me want to run in the opposite direction! We’ll see.





Shadow Woman, by Linda Howard (Dec 26)

File this under “only if it gets brilliant reviews from romance readers”. It doesn’t sound great, but I live in hope.

6 comments:

Mean Fat Old Bat 29 November 2012 at 13:06  

Ooooh, I didn't know about the new Courtney Milan novella, thank you. Unrequited love and a doctor - right down my alley. Budget? What budget?

lakaribane 29 November 2012 at 16:24  

Thanks for the list! I too live in hope that the new Linda Howards will renew with her old spark. Did you read the DA review of her latest, collaboration ?

Is Susan Fox the one with the train plane and automobile series you had rec'ed me? If so, adding it to my list.

As for the novella prequel thing, I have reservations too. Novella vs Novel requires two different story-telling skills so it does seem to me that you can't really judge a writer on a novella alone. Short stories are very hard to do, IMO so I might dump an author based on the novella...when the longer length makes a pretty good read.

Laura Vivanco 29 November 2012 at 16:45  

I wonder what a "chickened past" is, though!

I have a feeling it could be nothing more interesting than a "chequered" past, but perhaps it involved counting chickens before they were hatched?

Darlynne,  29 November 2012 at 17:23  

Rosario, what Susan Fox book do you recommend to start? I notice that a couple of her digital titles cost way more than the paperback, so I'll check my library.

Rosario 29 November 2012 at 17:27  

Mean Fat Old Bat: I know, it sounds amazing, doesn't it? Milan's an author who really gets the format, too. I've read several of hers and all have been great.

lakaribane: Howard, JAK, the list goes on! I did read that review, and I'm going to try it. It did sound to me that what annoyed Jane would probably have annoyed me, too, though.

Yep, that's Susan Fox! You should read those. I've already started this one, and so far it's good, although the characters keep going into daydreams and having sexual fantasies in inappropriate places. I'm only about 20% in, I hope she'll stop it soon.

And yes, yes, yes on the novel/novella thing. That's exactly right. So many authors just try to cram in much too much.

Laura: "Chequered" does sound more likely, although I like your pre-hatching chicken-counting backstory better :)

Rosario 29 November 2012 at 17:33  

Darlynne: See if you can get either Love, Unexpectedly or His, Unexpectedly (I very slightly preferred the former, but the latter is fantastic as well). They are books 2 and 3 of a series, but stand alone well. I started with book 2, in fact. I've reviewed both here:
http://rosario.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-unexpectedly-by-susan-fox.html

http://rosario.blogspot.com/2012/01/his-unexpectedly-by-susan-fox.html

The prices are ridiculous, aren't they? I blame them for keeping this author back, I'm sure if her books were a reasonable price she'd be a lot better known.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP