The Kissing Game, by Suzanne Brockmann

>> Monday, June 28, 2004

As much as I enjoy Suzanne Brockmann's SEAL books, I have a soft spot for the books she used to write before, with no military in it. The Kissing Game is an old favourite.

Allowing Simon Hunt to play her partner on her latest assignment probably wasn’t Frankie Paresky’s best idea ever, but the PI found it just as hard as most women did to tell him no! When a chase to solve a long-ago mystery sparked a sizzling attraction between old friends, Frankie wavered between pleasure and panic. Could the best bad boy she’d ever known be the man she’d always love?
Well, The Kissing Game is nothing earthshattering, but it's a nice, light, funny read. I happen to think light commedy is as hard to do as dark, intense angst, so I'll give it a B+.

I'm always a big fan of stories about friends falling in love, and I especially liked that it was Simon who did the pursuing here, the one who decided he wanted more. I especially loved the scene at the hotel when he felt he was losing her to another man. Oh, and that last scene! One of the most romantic I've ever read.

It's actually a very sweet story, and one that's completely character driven. There's no suspense subplot to speak of, Frankie's case is simply to look for someone who has received an inheritance, and there are no dark secrets lurking there.

Nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP