The Day After Tomorrow

>> Monday, June 14, 2004

We were talking about The Day After Tomorrow (which I saw the weekend before last) today at work and I mentioned that people had started clapping in the movie theatre in the scene where they show this supposed news clip saying that the Mexican government had agreed to open the border in exchange for the US forgiving all Latin American external debt. At that, one of my coworkers looked at me strangely, and mentioned that in his version of the movie, which he'd (yes, illegally) downloaded, the Mexican demand had been that all Mexican prisoners in US jails be released.

Seems like they've changed details for each version, doesn't it? I was wondering what had become of the scene of the Opera House in Sidney being washed away by a huge wave, which I'd seen in some stills. Now I know: it must be in the Australian version!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP