>> Friday, October 03, 2003

FridayFive questions for this week. They are not really all applicable, but here I go.

1. What vehicle do you drive?

I don't have a car. I can afford to buy one (maybe not a Ferrari, :-P but a serviceable one, yes), but I've chosen not to for a couple of reasons.

First, I don't like cars. I think they are dirty things.

Second, I find driving in the city stressful. I much prefer using buses. The Montevideo bus system isn't perfect, but it covers my most usual movements perfectly. When it doesn't, I just take a cab. I'm lucky, I know there are places where you have to have a car if you want to move around. When I decide where I'm going to live, what the public transportation network is like will probably have a big role in my choice.

Third, money. With gas, insurance, maintenance, parking, not to mention the little features people add (like CD players and loudspeaker) and car club fees, just having a car ends up costing lots of money.

And fourth, having a car is a responsiblility I don't want. You have to take care of it. You hear a little noise and have to take it to the garage. You have to keep track of oil changes and that kind of things. If you leave it parked downtown you have to worry about having paid for enough parking town, and in other areas you have to worry about vandalism or it getting stolen. I really don't need the trouble.

2. How long have you had it?

3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle?

4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle?

5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP