>> Friday, July 11, 2003

The theme today at FridayFive is "Friends"

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?

My best friend is still, and has always been, my younger sister Luli. She's only 2 years younger (though she usually behaves more like an older sister), and noone understands me like she does. We aren't really very similar in personalities, but we know each other inside out and enjoy each other's company more than anyone else's.

My first best friend other than Luli was a girl who was in school with me, Dani. We met when we were 5 and placed in the same class, and were best friends for about 5 years, until her mom remarried and she moved to Buenos Aires for a few years. When she came back we had grown apart a lot (remember, this was pre-internet, so we didn't keep in touch. A couple of letters and that was it.), and we had each made other friends, so that was it.

2. Are you still in touch with this person?

Yes, though we're not close friends any more. She was in my class all through University and we have a very friendly relationship, we're just not friends.

3. Do you have a current close friend?

As I said, my best friend is still my sister, but other than that, I have some 7 or 8 people I consider close friends. Oh, and I have someone who I consider my "best friend", who is currently living in Paraguay. That seems like my fate, doesn't it, to have friends who emigrate? Still, we're in close contact, with this friend, so the situation is different. She comes back every couple of months for exams, we regularly exchange e-mails, and I even went to visit her and her boyfriend last April.

4. How did you become friends with this person?

She was in my class in University. At first we didn't click much. For the first months I tended to stick close to the 2 or 3 people I knew from school, and she has confessed to me that she didn't like me much at first. She thought I was arrogant and stand-offish, basically because of who the people I hung out with were (my school has a reputation for being a breeding ground for upper-class stuck-ups) and because I'm a bit of a know-it-all in class (to this day she affectionatelly calls me "Pequeña N.", "Little N.", where the N. stands for "Nerd").

Anyway, one day I ran into her at a night club, and we both were a little tipsy (she says I shattered my image as a goody-goody nerd that night) and started talking for a while and that was it, we started hanging out together.

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?

Actually yes, there was an Iranian girl in school with whom I've lost touch and would like to reestablish contact. So, Shadi, if you by any chance read this, send me an e-mail!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP