Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, by J.K. Rowling

>> Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I started a reread of the Harry Potter series this weekend. After reading Order of the Phoenix and a couple of weeks reading the posts at the Harry Potter for Grown-ups group (excellent group, but very high-traffic right now), I was ready to look at the series with new eyes.

I found myself getting all weepy during Philosopher's Stone. I felt like crying at the whole thing, basically because Harry is such a sweet guy here, an almost carefree at the end. He doesn't know about all the things that will happen to him, all the pain and sadness... I was also in tears at certain points, especially at any mention of his parents. I was probably just especially sentimental this weekend. I even started crying when I heard Nino Bravo's Libre on the radio!

BTW, need I say this book is an A+?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP