>> Thursday, October 03, 2002

The Seduction of Sara was not a bad read, but I didn't really like it. It felt very clichéd, very romance-novely. It didn't help that it was set in Regency England, a period which already is one of the most cliché-ridden of all periods for romance novels.

It's a pity, because this had the bones of an interesting novel, but it just felt sketchy. I didn't really believe in the characters, they didn't feel real (as I said, they were just walking clichés), and I felt their motivations were never too well explained. It seemed like they just did stuff in order to advance the plot. Sara's friend Anna was a bit more interesting, but after this disappointing read I don't think I'll be reading her book, even if it did get a DIK review at AAR.

The plot was good in that it was mostly character-driven, just the way I like it, but I felt the execution was lacking. My final grade is a C+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP