>> Sunday, September 15, 2002

Good book, but not the best I've read. A grade of B. For some reason (maybe I was just restless) I kept leaving it aside after reading 4 or 5 pages.

There were lots of things I liked. For one thing, their professions were original for a romance novel (he an architect, she an ad-woman). Also, this was one of those books where you can clearly see the process of H/h falling in love, through conversations, etc. And they are very convincing as a couple in love. I helps that throughout most of the book we see them doing regular courtship stuff: going to a ball game, dinner at her parents' house, a picnic with other people in the building, etc. Sean was a nice 2ndary character, though his recovery was a little to quick, and I think I'd like to read his story.

What didn't really work for me here, in spite of the well-drawn characters and the believable love story, was the suspense subplot. First: I would have thought Chase would have tried to keep up to date about Granger, what he was doing, etc. I don't know, that's what I'd do. Also, it was so very obvious it was Granger's son who was after them. Why didn't they see it? Plus, aside from those plot holes, I don't really like the whole "I have to leave so that you are safe" story line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP