>> Wednesday, August 28, 2002

I finished Final Stand, and I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would at the beginning. As I've mentioned, I had some problems with Sasha's logic in staying in Bitters, but that would have been ok, I guess. I was ready to suspend disbelief.

However, in the end, I had too many problems, and the witty dialogue wasn't enough for me to like this. In fact, the banter seemed a little out of place in this story (I'd love to see this author write a Regency, though!). What bothered me here? I hated the town of Bitters, its people especially (Frank, ugh!). The action sequences were badly narrated; I barely knew what the hell was going on. I did not connect with Sasha and Gray as a couple. The villain was boring and a bit nonsensical. Not good. A grade of C+, and this goes into my trade list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP